At Nendo, we help teams, organisations and leaders discover and unlock their digital competitive advantage. We discover ways to use digital tools and technology to connect with employees, customers, suppliers and new business. We show you not just where to play but how to win when it comes to the internet, technology and social media. We are seeking an experienced Data Analyst for full time employment.
Are you our Data Analyst?
Do you love uncovering trends and insights from data? Are you a maths and computer science whiz? Are you all about the art and science of the internet, and how to help businesses and communities across Africa grow and thrive?
As someone curious about the technical aspects of the web as well as analysis, data and creativity, you’ve wondered where this strange set of skills might be best applied. We’re excited to show you just where you can grow with Nendo.
Join us and let your curiosity be rewarded!
What you’ll do
- Use analytical tools to understand historical trends, user behavior, product insights and solve data-related challenges in various industries.
- Create reports and dashboards to highlight findings and make data driven recommendations.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to derive insights around marketing campaigns and products.
- Using data visualization techniques to uncover insights in data and communicate those findings
- Work with clients on running data driven experiments to determine strategy
- Maths Knowledge and Skills: You’ll need to know your; Linear Algebra for Data Science (both matrix algebra and eigenvalues), Calculus for Data Science (both derivatives and gradients). You’ll need to know your Gradient Descent from Scratch and be able to implement a simple neural network from scratch.
- Numerical and Statistical Knowledge: You use your mathematical and statistical acumen to provide real world insights. You have the range to apply this to social media and digital but also to common business questions like IRR or ROI. You frequently and competently express numeric results as charts, tables, and other graphical elements.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis: You deep dive into large amounts of data. You crunch the numbers on trends,facts and figures and are able to come to analyse it and come to new conclusions, recommendations and insights.
- Communication Skills: You can communicate your findings; writing and speaking confidently to break down complex ideas. This could be in a presentation or understandable document (spreadsheet, word, presentation deck).
- Detail-oriented: Data is precise. Data analysts have to make sure they are vigilant in their analysis to come to correct conclusions. It comes with the territory. That 2% bump in unique viewers month on month? Hard to spot in a graph but the insight behind it could lead to an increase in conversions and move customers further down the purchase path. Sound like heaven to you? Keep reading.
- Research-hungry and savvy: The web is a treasure trove for information. You don’t get lost in it but have a way you’ve collected and been putting together what you find for such a time as when you’ll need to refer to it. 99% of what’s out there is irrelevant, we’re looking for you to be a consistent finder of the 1% of good material.
- Knowing your ‘unique users’ from your ‘visits’: Analytics can be a beast, thankfully you’ve taken to knowing what matters and what to focus on when it comes to achieving online results. You know the terminologies already.
- Developing a “B.S.” radar: There’s plenty of vanity metrics out there, we expect you’re developing some discernment on this. as to why undisclosed paid endorsements don’t work or why organic non-boosted posts with no photos won’t yield results.
- A practitioner of the 80/20 rule: You understand how to put the internet to work for you to discover 20% of the information required to generate you 80% of your key results. Bonus points if you’re able to do this 99% of the time.
- A Fast Learner: You’re no stranger to taking an online course, spending extra hours in the knowledge base of a new tool and learning what’s needed in a short time span to deliver against client expectations. Always reading, learning, asking questions and teaching yourself new tips and tricks.
- Understanding of quantitative disciplines with a knowledge of data analytics, machine learning and big data analytics.
- Familiarity Google, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube analytics.
- Experience in handling large scale unstructured data.
- Experience in R and/or Python/Tableu among other programs.
- Ability to gather data from different sources - APIs, and other databases
- Experience with Excel and SQL
- Experience in marketing and advertising is a plus
- Experience with HTML/CSS and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is a plus
Up for the challenge?
Fill out our recruitment survey – here - so we can get to know you, your skills and experience better. If you're an infinite learner, you have the chance to make this position, your growth and career into your own.
Nendo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.